I made this memory board out of an old frame I thrifted and floral wire I had lying around.
I turned the frame upside down, measured out a two-inch grid on the back, and stapled the floral wire to those marks, weaving it back and forth to great a grid pattern. Then I added a dab of Gorilla Glue to each junction for added stability.
This was the first memory board I ever had. It definitely worked, but I wanted to update the look and have more black wall exposed.
I found some Pinterest inspo and worked on developing the look I wanted.
I printed some photos from my phone through CVS but probably could have found something cheaper if I had been willing to look a little harder and wait a little longer for the prints.
If you missed our discussion about getting our new bookend, check out episode 48.
We bought this bookend at Target, and while we still like it, it required this DIY to make it work well again.
I ultimately bought two of these wick centering tools to cobble together a supportive base.
This is what the bottom of the bookend looks like now. I glued one intact tool to the bookend with the ends unfolded. The other I broke in half to get the piece to balance the back corners.
This is what it looked like while the Gorilla Glue was drying.
Donnie added a piece of cork to the inside of his hiking chest to display his swag.
He got this piece of cork board.
We measured out the center of the lid, marked the edges with a pencil, and then glued the cork board on with Gorilla Glue.
After trying to buy a vintage sewing box, I decided to make this sewing bag out of a gifted tea towel and Donnie’s old jeans.
I used this tutorial to make a tote bag with four exterior pockets for various sewing notions. I deviated from the tutorial in that I was hand sewing rather than using a sewing machine. I also braided my handles rather than stitching them together.
I’m not as good of a sewer as my mom is, as evidenced by episode 59.