Check out episode 77 for our description of the hallway project, the wallpaper samples we’ve tried thus far, and all the sources we didn’t share here.
It turns out we did forget to describe some of our Mitchell Black wallpaper samples. This black-and-white geometric pattern wasn’t one we actually ordered, but it got batched in with our shipment. We liked it, but it wasn’t right for this project.
We mentioned this sample briefly. As soon as we saw it in person, we knew it wasn’t for us.
I thought this peacock pattern was going to be a strong contender, but the primary colors are much more visible in real life than on the website. Donnie was sad to see it go.
We liked a number of the colorways available in this floral pattern. The darker one was too dark for the hallway, but the gray one was my number two pick.
We ultimately decided on this more dramatic floral pattern. We ordered all our samples in the natural fiber finish.
Here are all the samples we liked best with both the special walnut and spiced pecan stains.
Before we ordered the wallpaper, we needed to hang the coat rail so we could calculate how much we’d need. Here’s the hallway before.
The first few boards went up pretty seamlessly.
We wanted to make as few cuts as possible because our setup was using a hack saw with the board balanced between pinto bean cans.
Once all the boards were up, we mixed our saw dust from Etsy (which came in a nicely decorated bag) with Gorilla Glue, though probably not enough glue . . .
I applied it with my fingers, which was a mess in more ways than one.
And then we realized everything had gone wrong, so I chipped it all off.
We bought a nail set tool and called it for the weekend. Tune in next time!